"If they call me, I'll answer," Hurt said Thursday during a round-table interview for his new film, "The Yellow Handkerchief," in L.A. "I would do it."
Of course this came after he had already expressed the frustration and anxiety that are part of doing big-budget tent pole moves.
"It's horrendously difficult," Hurt confessed. "It's awful. It's hard. It's like, why didn't you give me any rehearsal, especially when the budget went up? I get that much more scared when I go to work."
There were multiple reports that Norton was unhappy with the final edit, rumors he denied vociferously. And yet, while the rest of the cast was celebrating the film's premiere, Norton was in Africa helping needy kids. Sure, helping the less fortunate is noble -- but he couldn't've maybe rescheduled?
Anyway, Norton seemed receptive to, if not dying for a "Hulk" sequel.
"I will probably find out after you do," Norton told MTV in November when they asked for a "Hulk" update. "Nothing new."
There's a good chance a new "Incredible Hulk" will happen, if only to position him as the villain of planned "Avengers" epic coming in 2012. "The Avengers" was recently pushed back a year to allow Kenneth Branagh's "Thor" to make its mark.
This is all part of Stan Lee's evil plan to rule the universe.