Rumors are circulating that Apple may be releasing its Apple iOS update 4.3.1 in two weeks to fix bugs and plug up security holes.
According to Boy Genius Report, the new update will mean:
- Baseband updates for the 3GS and iPad (original)
- Fixed memory hang that results in memory corruption when reading large files from USIM file system
- Fixed problem with NTLM authentication in apps and on websites
- Fixed issue with the Springboard and third party apps not recognizing the gyroscope on the iPad 2
- Fixed iPad 2 jailbreak vulnerability
The fix will make Apple devices work smoother, but also protect the iPad 2 from jailbreaking -- something much needed since it was hacked a mere 24 hours after it was launched.
However, remember that this is only a rumor and has yet to be confirmed by Apple.