Small Fire Erupts in Robert De Niro's Apartment: Official

The actor wasn't home at the time, authorities said

By Shimon Prokupecz and Lori Bordonaro
|  Friday, Jun 8, 2012  |  Updated 6:33 PM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Fire Damages De Niro's Apartment

A fire broke out Friday afternoon at 88 Central Park West

advertisement

A small fire broke out Friday in Robert De Niro's Manhattan apartment, officials tell NBC 4 New York.

The actor was not home at the time. Several people in the apartment, believed to be employees, escaped safely, officials said. A firefighter suffered a minor injury.

The blaze began on the fourth floor of the Central Park West building. De Niro's apartment encompasses the fourth, fifth and sixth floors, fire officials said.

The fire was believed to have started in a lint trap, officials said.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Bay Area Proud
Bay Area Proud is NBC Bay... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out