Beyonce, Jay Z, Solange Moving Past Attack Video

Friday, May 16, 2014  |  Updated 4:05 AM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Beyonce's Fashion Evolution

AP

Beyonce, Jay Z and Solange say they are moving on since a video leaked this week of Solange attacking Jay Z in an elevator.

Photos and Videos
More Photos and Videos

Beyonce, Jay Z and Solange say they are moving on since a video leaked this week of Solange attacking Jay Z in an elevator.

"As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it," an exclusive statement to The Associated Press said Thursday. "Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family."

Celebrity website TMZ posted the video Monday and said it was shot last week inside an elevator of the Standard Hotel in Manhattan. 

The footage begins with Beyonce already inside the elevator. She is joined by Jay Z, Solange and a third, unidentified male. After Jay Z and Solange appear to have a verbal exchange, Solange begins attacking the "Holy Grail" rapper with her fists and then with kicks.

Jay Z reaches out in what appears to be an attempt at holding her arms as the other man present, possibly a bodyguard, tries to pull Solange away from the rapper.

Standing next to her husband in the corner of the elevator, Beyonce appears to remain composed and says something to her younger sister as Solange continues to verbally berate her brother-in-law.

The statement from Beyonce, Jay Z and Solange continued: "The reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior throughout that evening are simply false. At the end of the day families have problems and we're no different. We love each other and above all we are family. We've put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same."

The Standard Hotel said Wednesday night it had identified and fired the person who recorded the security video.

The person was terminated for "breaching the security policies of the hotel and recording the confidential CCTV video,' according to the hotel. 

The hotel says it will turn over "all available information to criminal authorities."

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Bay Area Proud
Bay Area Proud is NBC Bay... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out