Halle Berry Resumes N.Y. Movie Shoot After Judge's Ruling

Halle's coming back to NYC with her daughter in tow.

By Michael Preston
|  Wednesday, Feb 16, 2011  |  Updated 11:18 PM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Celeb Breakups: Pamela Anderson & Rick Salomon

Getty Images

WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA - FEBRUARY 22: Actress Halle Berry (R) and Gabriel Aubry arrive at the 2009 Vanity Fair Oscar Party hosted by Graydon Carter held at the Sunset Tower on February 22, 2009 in West Hollywood, California. (Photo by Michael Buckner/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Halle Berry;Gabriel Aubry

Photos and Videos
More Photos and Videos

Their war isn't over, but Halle Berry just won a small battle in her custody fight with ex, Gabriel Aubry.

The Monster's Ball star was told by a judge that she can take her daughter, Nahla, to New York with her while she films New Year's Eve, a forthcoming romantic comedy, reports the New York Daily News.

Berry, 44, dropped out of production for the Garry Marshall-directed film last month after Aubry, 34, filed a custody petition. Aubry, a Canadian fashion model, dropped his petition but plans to file a paternity action that would legalize his relationship with his two-year-old daughter.

Berry's attorney, Neal Hersh, was happy with the outcome.

"We are pleased the judge took the time to deal with this very imminent and important issue," he said in an interview with TMZ. "The judge read a great deal of paperwork and gave us time to argue."

He added, "Halle is very pleased with the judge's order."

Berry's role was recast for Grey's Anatomy's alum Katherine Heigl. In her new role, which has less screen time, Berry will play a nurse.

Selected Reading: New York Daily News, Hollywood Reporter, TMZ

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Bay Area Proud
Bay Area Proud is NBC Bay... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out