A correctional officer has been arrested on suspicion of having sex with a boy being held in a San Bernardino County juvenile hall, authorities said.
Latavia Davis, 30, of Menifee was arrested when she arrived to work at the juvenile hall Wednesday, said Lt. Paul Williams of the San Bernardino Police Department.
Jail records show she was booked for investigation of forcible sexual penetration and was being held in county jail in lieu of $1 million bail.
Williams told the Riverside Press-Enterprise that the boy reported the alleged crime and that the boy and Davis had apparently developed a personal relationship.
Authorities have not released the boy's age, and his name was being withheld because he is a minor.
More Southern California Stories:
- Police Probe Home Invasion Robbery
- Oarfish Death Theories Arise
- Car Wrecks Into Family’s Home
- 2nd Arrest in Transgender Beating
- Child Fires Officer's Rifle
- "Secret Formula" in Bell Scandal
- Int'l ATM Theft Ring Busted
- Evite Celebrates Its 15th Birthday