A Los Angeles police detective shot and killed a Reseda resident’s pit bull outside of the dog owner's home Monday night, police said.
Detectives were conducting a follow-up investigation for a nearby incident in the 7400 block of Calvin Avenue, said Officer Lopez of the Los Angeles Police Department’s West Valley Division.
One detective then opened fire on the dog outside of the owner’s home when the dog got loose and confronted officers about 7:15 p.m., Lopez said.
The shooting remained under investigation.
No further details were available.
More Southern California Stories:
- Riverside County Fire Grows to 1,500 Acres
- Pedestrian Fatality Closes Lanes on 5 Fwy
- Bicyclist Dies After Northridge Hit-And-Run
- Booking System Outage Delays Flights Across US
- Amber Alert Issued After Deadly House Fire
- LAUSD Admin Accused of Student Sex Crime