Opening Arguments to Begin in Trial of OC Wife Who Allegedly Cut Off Man's Penis

Catherine Kieu charged with aggravated mayhem and torture

By Olsen Ebright
|  Wednesday, Apr 17, 2013  |  Updated 10:30 AM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
O.C. Woman Accused in Penis-Severing Appears in Court

AP

This file image provided by the Orange County District Attorney's office shows a booking photo of Catherine Kieu.

Photos and Videos

O.C. Woman Accused in Penis-Severing Appears in Court

Catherine Kieu could get life in prison for poisoning, restraining and mutilating her estranged husband.
More Photos and Videos

Opening arguments were scheduled to begin Wednesday in the trial of an Orange County woman accused of cutting off her husband's penis and putting it in a garbage disposal.

Catherine Kieu faces charges of aggravated mayhem and torture. If convicted, she could face life in prison without the possibility of parole.

At the time of the attack in July 2011, the couple had been married for about 18 months. The husband had filed for divorce in May 2011, but Kieu was continuing to live in the house at the time, police said.

Kieu allegedly drugged the man's dinner, tied him to a bed and cut off his penis, police said. Doctors were unable to reattach it.

The Garden Grove woman has pleaded not guilty.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Bay Area Proud
Bay Area Proud is NBC Bay... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out