Comstock Saloon Patrons Warned After Worker Diagnosed with Hepatitis A

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Hepatitis A virus. (File image)

    Patrons of one San Francisco restaurant are being warned after a food handler there was diagnosed with hepatitis A.

    The incident occurred at the Comstock Saloon in the city's North Beach neighborhood.

    Health officials warn anyone who ate or drank there on Dec. 12-15 or Dec. 19 might have been exposed to the infectious disease.

    Woman Suing Costco Over Tainted Berries

    [BAY] Woman Suing Costco Over Tainted Berries
    Los Angeles woman suing Costco and makers of frozen berries after she became ill from consuming the product. Kimberly Tere reports.

    So far, no cases of hepatitis A have been linked to the infected food handler, who is currently restricted from work until no longer contagious.

    According to a release from the San Francisco Department of Public Health, anyone who eats food that has been handled by someone who is infected could be at risk.