Arrests Made in Brutal Caltrain Attack

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    TK

    UPDATE: Two suspects in the assault and robbery at the Redwood City Caltrain Station have been arrested by transit police, according to a release from Caltrain.

    Arrested on charges of robbery and assault with great bodily injury were Damar Desean Walker, 19, and Thomas Nicholas Furman, 18, both of Redwood City.

    Walker was already in custody on unrelated robbery charges.

    The suspects are scheduled to arraigned at 1:30 p.m. today in Redwood City. Both are accused of being part of a group of assailants who robbed a 47-year-old San Jose man at the Caltrain station around 7:30 p.m.

    The victim, whose name has not been released, remains in critical condition at a local hospital.

    --------------------

    Officers increased security at Caltrain's Redwood City station over the weekend after a San Jose man was attacked there Friday night. Many riders expressed shock and concern when they heard about the apparently random attack during the early evening hours.
       
    Caltrain spokeswoman Christine Dunn said between nine and 15 people attacked the 47-year-old man in an attempt to rob him.

    The attacked happened around 7:30 p.m. Friday.

    The unidentified victim was simply waiting for a southbound train. No weapons were seen during the scuffle, Dunn said.
       
    The victim was taken to an undisclosed hospital with critical injuries.

    Police said they are optimistic they will be able to identify those responsible in the days ahead. So far they haven't released any surveillance video of the attack.
           
    Anyone with information about the attack is encouraged to call Detective Victor Lopez at (650) 622-8048.

    Bay City News