A chlorine leak in a parking garage near San Jose State University was controlled Tuesday afternoon, a fire department spokesman said.
The incident was reported at 10:38 a.m. at the Campus Village parking garage, located at 355 S. 10th St., near a 10-story student housing apartment complex, Capt. Chuck Rangel said.
It appears a pump that supplies chlorine to a pool broke and leaked some chlorine in a room on the first level of the garage and activated the alarm, Rangel said. The pump was shut off and the leak was controlled at 12:20 p.m.
The garage has been reopened and the shelter-in-place order at the apartment complex was lifted, Rangel said.
One person was treated for watery eyes and another for dizziness, but they were not transported to a hospital.