Chlorine Leak Capped on SJSU Campus

View Comments ()
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

     A chlorine leak in a parking garage near San Jose State University  was controlled Tuesday afternoon, a fire department spokesman said.

          The incident was reported at 10:38 a.m. at the Campus Village  parking garage, located at 355 S. 10th St., near a 10-story student housing  apartment complex, Capt. Chuck Rangel said.
         
    It appears a pump that supplies chlorine to a pool broke and  leaked some chlorine in a room on the first level of the garage and activated  the alarm, Rangel said. The pump was shut off and the leak was controlled at  12:20 p.m.
         
    The garage has been reopened and the shelter-in-place order at the  apartment complex was lifted, Rangel said.
         
    One person was treated for watery eyes and another for dizziness,  but they were not transported to a hospital.