This morning firefighters are on the scene of a one-alarm fire at a strip mall in San Lorenzo.
Firefighters say the roof of the building caught fire just before two o'clock this morning at a "Cash-4-Gold" store on Hesperian Boulevard near Hacienda Avenue.
It's possible that the fire may have started accidentally by thieves trying to steal copper wiring.
Batallion Chief Ron Figuera tells NBC Bay Area, "we did note that there were several wires on top of the roof that had been cut."
Firefighters also found tools near the cut wires.
PG&E cut off power to the building, but the utility expects to turn it back on at around 9:30 this morning.
No-one was injured as a result of the fire.