Fire Destroys 'Christmas House'

The owner of the Martinez home decorated every holiday.

By Christie Smith
|  Tuesday, Jan 17, 2012  |  Updated 9:53 AM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Fire Destroys 'Christmas House'

advertisement

A house fire in Martinez has left one person with smoke inhalation and a the home in ruin.

 

With a freeze warning in effect overnight, it appears that the family of five was using a wood stove to stay warm. The Martinez fire department believes that the makeshift heater was the ignition point.

 

The department responded to the blaze at 3:54 a.m.. The owner of the home has lived there since 1965 and is known for the home's holiday display.

 

Neighbors know the home at 910 Walnut St. as the Christmas House, with thousands visiting each year.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Bay Area Proud
Bay Area Proud is NBC Bay... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out