The NHL Western Conference Finals between the Sharks and Blackhawks begins at high noon Sunday at the HP Pavilion.
As customary in these sporting situations, the political big wigs are making a "friendly" wager on the series outcome.
San Jose Mayor Chuck Reed and Chicago Mayor Richard Daley both put up swag baskets filled with their perspective city's finest foods.
"San Jose is delighted to showcase our local businesses and we’re looking forward to sampling the best that Chicago has to offer," said Mayor Reed.
Here's what San Jose is putting on the table:
- Chiaramonte’s Deli and Sausages
- Eggo waffles -- note that the Eggo waffle was invented in San Jose in the 1930s and is manufactured in San Jose.
- Eulipia Restaurant
- Gordon Biersch Brewing Company
- Greenlee’s Bakery
- J. Lohr Wines
- Joseph George Wines
- La Victoria Taqueria
- San Pedro Square Urban Market
- Schurra’s Candy
- Shuei-Do Manju Shop
- Various San Jose Farmer’s Market vendors, including: Calolea California Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar; Mayberry Workshop Custom Apparel; R&J Toffees; Small Bees Honey; and Teagré Tea.
And here is what Chicago is offering:
- Kim & Scott's Pretzels
- Harry Caray's Restaurant
- Al's Beef
- Terry's Toffee
- Vitner’s Chips
- Windy City Soda
- Billy Goat Tavern
- World’s Finest Chocolate
- Abundance Bakery
- Connie’s Pizza
- Vienna Beef
- Azteca Products
- Garrett Popcorn Shops
- Golden Dragon Fortune
- Half Acre Brewery
- Robinson’s Ribs
- Illinois Specialty Cut Flowers
- BJ’s Market
- Eli’s Cheesecake
Mayor Reed would like us to remind you the Sharks generate approximately $113 million in total economic impact every year. The tax revenue is $2.4 million.