San Francisco's Lowell High School was evacuated this morning because of a natural gas smell on campus, a fire department spokeswoman said.
The odor was reported at 10:59 a.m. at the school. located at 1101 Eucalyptus Drive near Lake Merced, spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge said.
Students were evacuated from the building, and PG&E has responded to investigate the smell, Talmadge said.
She said crews were in the school's boiler room as of around 11:30 a.m. but that there was no indication of gas present there.
The evacuation remained in effect at 11:40 a.m.