According to The Contra Costa Times, the pro-Mehserle rally is planned next Monday starting at 2 p.m. at the Walnut Creek Courthouse.
Last week Mehserle was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the January 1, 2009 shooting death of Oscar Grant.
The pro-Mehserle rally is being promoted on the Facebook page "Support Protest for Johannes Mehserle."
The page says, "Johannes Mehserle was found not guilty of 2nd degree murder and voluntary manslaughter but wrongly convicted of involuntary manslaughter and gun enhancement."
The Facebook group says it believes the shooting was an accident. "Enough is enough. It's time to stop throwing our officers under the bus. It's time to step up and support Johannes and our officers and take a stand."
In order to get more information about the protest, you have to be a Facebook member and you have to request to join the page. The facebook page has limited public content, however if you are a member you are able to see all content. A person in the newsroom has request out and has not yet been accepted.
The CoCo Times spoke to some Concord officers who said they were aware of the protest. They did not know if any of their officers would take part.