Menlo Park Teen, 16, Robbed, Assaulted

The suspects were teens, too

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    NBC10Philadelphia.com
    Police say they didn't initially see the second victim when they first arrived at the murder scene because he was covered in trash.

    Police in Menlo Park are trying to identify two teenagers who robbed and assaulted a 16-year-old boy on Monday evening.

    Officers responded to a report of a robbery at the intersection of Newbridge Street and Carlton Avenue at about 6:25 p.m., Menlo Park police spokeswoman Nicole Acker said.

    The boy had been walking in the area when the two suspects approached him and demanded his property, police said. During the robbery, the suspects searched the teen's pockets and assaulted him, according to police.

    No weapons were seen or used, and the robbers fled on foot.

    The boy suffered injuries that were not life-threatening, police said.

    Both suspects were described as teenagers, one of whom was wearing a black long-sleeve shirt with a red long-sleeve shirt underneath, police said. The second suspect was wearing a gray hoodie and a black-and-white checkered scarf.

    Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Menlo Park police at (650) 330-6300 or the anonymous tip line at (650) 330-6395.