Valuable antiques went up in smoke during an overnight house fire in Napa. Fire crews were called in around 11p.m., Feb. 29, to battle a large blaze at a two-story home on Redwood Road.
Luckily the family living there were awaken by fire alarms. The husband and wife safely made it out in time along with their pet dogs. Unfortunately the fire had already consumed a massive 6,000 book library and antiques collected over the years.
Some areas of the home, including a garage, were not damaged. One fire fighter was unhurt when he tripped over what appeared to be a Faberge Egg which fell from the 2nd floor.
Fire investigators say nearby homes were not threatened by the blaze. A cause on what started the fire has not yet been determined. The homeowners say a fire was lit at a fireplace a few hours earlier, but the chimney had been thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis.