Congratulations Oakland. You are officially home to one of the dirtiest hotels in the country.
For a city that actually has a lot going on but often only finds itself in the headlines for bad news, this isn't good news.
In fact the only hotel dirtier than the Jack London Inn, based on TripAdvisor user reviews, was the Grand Resort Hotel & Convention Center in Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
The Jack London Inn came in at No. 2 on the list for a variety of reasons but mostly because TripAdvisor's users frequently had little nice to say about the hotel.
“The rooms displayed a level of filth and discomfort that mere neglect could never produce," one reviewer wrote. "The parking lot resembled a post apocalyptic junk yard. The halls reeked of cigarette smoke, body odor, and failure.”
Still other reviewers on sites such as Hotels.com had nicer things to say. One man even wrote, while the rooms were dirty he "was very satisfied with the customer service."
At least that's something.
If you want to see how great the hotel is -- or isn't -- for yourself, the Jack London Inn is currently running specials that include staying two nights and getting the third night free or staying during the middle of the week and receiving 20 percent off each night.
You can view the full list of hotels below:
- Grand Resort Hotel & Convention Center, Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
- Jack London Inn, Oakland, Calif.
- Desert Inn Resort, Daytona Beach, Fla.
- Hotel Carter, New York, N.Y.
- Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort, Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- Atlantic Beach Hotel, Miami Beach, Fla.
- Rodeway Inn, Williamsville, N.Y.
- Super 8 Estes Park, Denver, Colo.
- Palm Grove Hotel and Suites, Virginia Beach, Va.
- Econo Lodge Newark International Airport, Elizabeth, N.J.