Pot of Oil Sparks Fire at San Jose Home

Someone left a pot of oil on the stove.

By Bob Redell
|  Wednesday, Jul 11, 2012  |  Updated 11:01 AM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Firefighters battled a three-alarm fire in the 100 block of Andrea Drive in San Jose after someone left a pot of oil on the stove overnight.

Firefighters battled a three-alarm fire in the 100 block of Andrea Drive in San Jose after someone left a pot of oil on the stove overnight.

Two sons and some friends cooking with a pot of oil on a San Jose stove sparked a three-alarm blaze early Wednesday morning, which firefighters battled and said that thankfully, no one was really hurt.

San Jose Fire Capt. Rob Brown said the pot of oil, left on the stove overnight caused the fire, which was reported about 5 a.m. at a home in the 100 block of  Andrea Drive near the San Tomas Expressway.

The people inside the home escaped; the father was away on a trip, Brown said. What was  being cooked in the pot has not been revealed.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Bay Area Proud
Bay Area Proud is NBC Bay... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out