The American Licorice Company has expanded its voluntary recall to include Red Vines and several other products that contain varieties of black licorice.
The California Department of Public Health warns that excessive levels of lead may be found in Red Vines, Black Licorice, Snaps and several products containing licorice.
Pregnant women and children who have consumed any of the candy since the initial recall on August 22, should contact their doctor to determine if they should undergo medical testing.
The Union City based candy manufacturer is working with the Health Department to ensure that all contaminated candies are removed from stores.
Anyone who sees the candy for sale can call the state Health Department Hotline at 1-800-495-3232.
Red Vines Sugar Free Black Licorice and Red Flavor Licorice products are not subject to the recall.
The following products are subject to this expanded recall:
• Black Licorice Bar, 2.5 oz.
• Jumbo Black Licorice Hanging Bag, 8 oz.
• Black Licorice Tray, 5 oz.
• Black Licorice Laydown Bag, 7 oz.
• Black Licorice Laydown Bag, 16 oz.
• Black Licorice Jar, 4 lbs.
• Mixed Bites Hanging Bag, 8 oz.
• Mixed Bites Bag, 16 oz.
• Family Mix Laydown Bag, 24 oz.
• Family Mix Laydown Bag, 32 oz.
• Snaps Hanging Bag, 5.5 oz.
• Snaps Theater Box, 4.5 oz.
• Snaps Tin, 12 oz.