A new day for the people of San Bruno who have not seen with their own eyes whether their homes are standing or gone altogether. At 8 a.m. Sunday, the National Transportation Safety Administration gave reporters and residents their latest update.
Here are the highlights:
- Residents whose homes are safe to occupy will have access starting at noon to pick up belongings
- Residents will be escorted in in groups based on their addresses
- Neighborhood access will start at Skyline College; they will be given two wristbands and two decals to prove residency
- The City of San Bruno is asking these folks to throw out all perishable items; garbage services will be available
- Residents whose homes were destroyed are to meet at the Center off Crystal Springs Road at 10 a.m. Monday
- The Coroner has identified the remains for four victims and hopes to release the identity of more victims Sunday afternoon
- No further comment on the the number of victims and number of missing
- The next briefing is planned for 2 p.m. at the Bayhill Shopping Center
- The latest on all the develops tonight at 5 p.m. and 6 p.m.