Scott Olsen Has a Message

Promises to be back on the protest front in note to friends.

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    TK
    Scott Olsen
    Olsen got out of the hospital late last week.

     In his first statement since being seriously injured during a clash between Oakland police and Occupy demonstrators, Scott Olsen says he is feeling a lot better.       

    He wrote:

    "I'm feeling a lot better, with a long road in front of me. After my freedom of speech was quite literally taken from me, my speech is coming back but I've got a lot of work to do with rehab. Thank you for all your support, it has meant the world to me. You'll be hearing more from me in the near future and soon enough we'll see you in our streets!"

    Olsen's plight has become a rallying cry for the Occupy Wall Street movement, with shrines set up in his honor throughout the nation.       

    The 24-year-old Marine Corps veteran posted a statement on his Google+ account, which was verified by his roommate Keith Shannon.       

    Olsen, who was struck in the head on Oct. 25, said his speech is coming back but he has a lot of work to do with rehab. He was released from the hospital over the weekend.       

    Olsen told supporters they would hear more from him and he would see them soon in the streets.