A shelter-in-place order at Evergreen Valley High School in San Jose was lifted Friday morning after a 15-year-old student suspected of making threats online against the campus was located, according to San Jose police.
The San Jose Police Department said on Thursday evening, the 15-year-old boy allegedly posted threats that he would "shoot-up" the school.
Officers searched the student's home but found no weapons or any evidence that a plan to attack the school was in place.
By the end of the day Friday, authorities said there was no evidence to suggest the student had made any threat at all.
Authorities said although several students said they had heard rumors of a threat, none were able to show any that were actually sent out on social media.
The student was found on campus Friday morning and was being questioned about the incident. The student was also in for psychiatric care earlier in the week, according to the police.
The shelter in place was issued around 9:30 a.m. Friday after a custodian at the school reported seeing someone who matched the description of the student on campus.
The shelter in place was lifted shortly after the student was found.
While the investigation remains open, the student was released to his father and no charges were filed at this time.