Sunday Streets is coming back for another year.
The popular street festival closes city streets to make room for bicycles, pedestrians and games. This year there will be eight Sundays where streets are shut to traffic.
The program returned last year for the third time with nine dates and longer hours than previous years. Former Mayor Gavin Newsom said at the time that he hoped the party would become a permanent fixture in the City.
This year's streets will extend into new neighborhoods while maintaining routes through old popular fixtures.
A full list of neighborhoods and dates is below:
- March 20: Embarcadero Kick-off from Fisherman’s Wharf to Mission Bay
- April 10: Great Highway to Golden Gate Park
- May 8: The Mission, along 24th and Valencia
- June 12: Bayview/Dogpatch from 3rd St to the Bayview opera house
- July 10: Great Highway route #2
- August 14: Civic Center/Tenderloin route
- September 11: Western Addition, Panhandle, Alamo Square and Japantown
- October TBD: Mission route #2