A two-alarm electrical fire gutted a San Leandro hair salon and sent a firefighter to the hospital Sunday morning, a fire spokeswoman said.
The fire at the Stylist Hair Salon at 197 Pelton Center Way broke out around 9:15 a.m., according to county fire spokeswoman Aisha Knowles, Knowles said the fire was knocked down within 20 minutes of firefighters' arrival.
There was moderate smoke and heat damage to the adjacent business, Betty Tily Nail Spa, Knowles said.
One firefighter was treated at a local hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
Fire investigators have concluded that an electrical malfunction in the salon's facial room caused the fire.