Woman Reaching For Candle, Grabs Firecracker

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    TK
    Getty Images
    The woman lost some finger but was expected to recover.

    A firecracker exploded in a woman's hands in San Francisco on Saturday night, blowing off some of her fingers, police said.
        The 28-year-old woman was lighting candles inside a parked motor  home at about 10:20 p.m. when she picked up what she thought was another  candle, police said.
        It was actually a firecracker, and when she lit it, it exploded in her hands, police said. Her injuries were not life-threatening.
        The motor home was parked in lot at San Bruno Avenue and Division Street, police said. She was transported to San Francisco General Hospital.

    Bay City News