Dunkin' Donuts Evacuated After Customer's Carbon Monoxide Detector Goes Off | NBC Bay Area
National & International News
The day’s top national and international news

Dunkin' Donuts Evacuated After Customer's Carbon Monoxide Detector Goes Off

    processing...
    Country
    Total
    1
    United States
    463738121
    2
    China
    26182670
    3
    Great Britain
    27231767

    NEWSLETTERS

    An ambulance technician looking for an early morning cup of coffee at a Long Island Dunkin' Donuts was in the right place at the right time.
    Authorities say the man went into the store in Carle Place around 4 a.m. Friday. He happened to be wearing a carbon monoxide detector, which went off indicating high levels of the gas.
    The technician got the employees out of the store and notified authorities. An investigation found a vent in one of the ovens was the problem.

    Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless and prolonged exposure is dangerous.