Black Friday may be behind us, but the holiday shopping season is far from over. Millions of consumers are expected to open their wallets for Cyber Monday, the online shopping frenzy that takes place after Black Friday.
"Despite record-breaking online shopping on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday, holiday shoppers aren't done yet," National Retail Federation President and CEO Matthew Shay said in a statement. "We expect Cyber Monday to be bigger than ever."
This year, more than 131 million Americans are expected to shop online on Cyber Monday, up from 121 million in 2012, according to the NRF.
Retailers are responding with strategies to entice consumers to keep shopping. Amazon, Walmart and Target are all promoting seven days of great deals, essentially turning Cyber Monday into Cyber Week. An NRF survey indicates that retailers will offer Cyber Monday-specific deals not available in brick and mortar stores, where deep discounts over the weekend and on Thanksgiving Day drew crowds, but failed to motivate consumers to spend more.
Amazon promised to unveil new deals "as often as every ten minutes" beginning Sunday for the next seven days, they said in a statement. Target also launched seven days of online deals on the same day.
Cyber Week at Walmart kicked off two days early on Saturday, Nov. 30, and the retailer is sweetening their deals with free delivery for purchases of $35 or more. The free shipping limit was lowered from $50 last year. Click here for Walmart's full list of cyber deals.
Check out NRF's CyberMonday.com for the best online holiday deals. Barron's also curated a list of great deals on tech gadgets from Amazon, Overstock, Best Buy, Target and Walmart. Here are more of the web's best Cyber Monday treasures:
- Amazon's Kindle Fire HD 16GB is selling for $119, down from $169. The deal ends on Monday.
- Macy's is offering up to 60 percent off select accesories, coats, shoes and jewerlry. Enter the code "CYBER" at checkout.
- eBay is selling the Jawbone JAMBOX Bluetooth Rechargable Portable Speaker for $69, down from $199.
- MacMall is offering the Apple 13.3 inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display for $1,169.99, which is a $329 discount.
- The HTC One is going for 1 cent on Amazon with a two-year contract from AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon.