Both the Oakland Raiders and the San Francisco 49ers made a showing in the NFL All Pro team.
Nnamdi Asomugha and Shane Lechler were tapped for the Raiders and Patrick Willis received the honor as a 49er on the first team.
Several other players got votes in their various positions as selected by a national panel of 50 media members. Justin Smith of the 49ers got votes as both an End and a Tackle.
For the Raiders, Marcel Reece, Michael Huff, Jcoby Ford, and Sebastian Janikowski also received votes for his efforts.
The All Pro list is similar to getting a Gold Glove in baseball.
All Pro First Team List:
- Quarterback - Tom Brady, New England.
- Running backs - Jamaal Charles, Kansas City; Arian Foster, Houston.
- Fullback - Vonta Leach, Houston.
- Tight end - Jason Witten, Dallas.
- Wide receivers - Roddy White, Atlanta; Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis.
- Tackles - Jake Long, Miami; Joe Thomas, Cleveland.
- Guards - Logan Mankins, New England; Jahri Evans, New Orleans.
- Center - Nick Mangold, N.Y. Jets.
- Kicker - Billy Cundiff, Baltimore.
- Kick returner - Devin Hester, Chicago.
- Ends - Julius Peppers, Chicago; John Abraham, Atlanta.
- Tackles - Haloti Ngata, Baltimore; Ndamukong Suh, Detroit.
- Outside linebackers - Clay Matthews, Green Bay; James Harrison, Pittsburgh.
- Inside linebacker - Patrick Willis, 49ers; Jerod Mayo, New England.
- Cornerbacks - Nnamdi Asomugha, Raiders; Darrelle Revis, N.Y. Jets.
- Safeties - Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh; Ed Reed, Baltimore.
- Punter - Shane Lechler, Raiders.
Nnamdi Asomugha on occasion co-anchors with Raj Mathai on Sunday and people in the newsroom cannot say enough good things about working with him. He really is one of the truly great guys in sports.