Leave the metal stuff at home or in the car on Sundays: all NFL games will have metal detectors at all entry gates.
And at O.co Coliseum the Oakland Raiders are suggesting fans arrive two hours early to accommodate the heightened security. That's two hours early to enter the game, so tack that onto the grease-paint ritual and tailgating fans will have to factor in to their mornings.
To expedite your pat-down, here's a list of prohibited items (beyond the obvious like guns and baby strollers):
- Bags larger than 18"W x 12"H x 8"D.
- Hard-sided containers of any size, including coolers and thermoses.
- Glass bottles, aluminum cans, flasks, and camelbacks.
- Containers carrying liquids of any kind.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Illegal drugs.
- Weapons of any kind.
- Projectiles, including frisbees, footballs and inflatable balls.
- Any size pole or stick.
- Umbrellas of any kind.
- Artificial noisemakers of any kind.
- Video cameras.
- Still cameras with lenses longer than 3".
- Laser pointers, computers and large radios.
- Portable chairs.
- Scooters, bicycles, roller skates and skateboards.
- Inappropriate attire or signage. (Really??*)
- Non-service animals.
* Isn't inappropriate attire in the eye of the beholder? Given the battle axes and spiked shoulder pads in the end zone on Raider Sundays, we'd suggest a little more direction around this prohibition may be needed.