Volunteers Needed For Coastal Cleanup Day in the East Bay on Sept 25
Volunteers Needed For Coastal Cleanup Day in the East Bay
Volunteers are needed to join in East Bay Regional Park District's 26th Annual California Coastal Cleanup Day, scheduled for Saturday, September 25. Participants will help to rid the shoreline of trash and debris, as well as recyclables. Of particular concern is the plastic refuse that collects along the shore because of its detrimental effect on the wildlife.
Name-East Bay Regional Park District's 26th Annual Coastal Clean-up
Date-Saturday September 25
Time-8:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
Attire-Volunteers should wear work clothes, gloves, and sturdy shoes and should bring snacks.
Beverages- will be provided.
Volunteers may choose among 16 staging areas in the two counties where cleanup crews may assemble.
• Robert Crown Memorial State Beach, Alameda
. Meet on the beach side of the Intersection of Park Street and Shoreline Drive in Alameda.
• Middle Harbor Shoreline Park, off intersection of Middle Harbor Road and 7th Street in Oakland
• Martin Luther King, Jr.
, Regional Shoreline, off Oakport St. between 66th and Lesser St. in Oakland. Meet at the Oakport Soccer Field about 1/4 mile north of 66th St. on Oakport.
• Don Edwards San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge. To volunteer, call (510) 792-0222, ext. 363.
• Del Valle Regional Park, end of Del Valle Road, Livermore.
Contra Costa County
• Bay Point Regional Shoreline, Port Chicago Highway exit off Hwy. 4 in Bay Point
, go north to McAvoy Harbor.
• Martinez Regional Shoreline, north end of Ferry St. in Martinez.
• Eckley Pier, Bull Valley Staging Area, Carquinez Regional Shoreline on Carquinez Scenic Drive between Port Costa and Crockett.
• Lone Tree Point, end of Pacific Ave. in Rodeo.
• Breuner Marsh
, Point Pinole Regional Shoreline, Giant Highway in Richmond. From points south of Richmond, take