Shelter Network is committed to providing housing and support services that create opportunities for homeless families and individuals to re-establish self-sufficiency and to return to permanent homes of their own.
Each shelter, and Shelter Network's administration office, has ongoing needs for both short-term (3 months minimum preferred, can be one hour or one day per week) and longer-term volunteers in all areas of the organization.
Opportunities for Individual Involvement:
- Host afterschool activities or tutor in the Children’s Programs at our family sites.
- Teach life skills workshops to our clients, such as resume writing, techniques for online job searching, computer literacy, financial literacy/effective budgeting, etc.
- Help sort donations of clothing and food at all of our shelters.
- Support with office assistance at a housing site or the administration office.
- Take a leadership role and join a Support Committee for one of our transitional housing sites.
Where: 325 Villa Terrace
San Mateo, CA 94401
1580A Maple Street
Redwood City, CA 94063