Tech Challenge 2012
The Tech Challenge 2012: Shake, Rattle, and Rescue!
Earthquakes are unavoidable and the aftermath can be disastrous. Do you think your team has what it takes to come up with a solution to help earthquake survivors? After an earthquake severely damages a bridge, your device will reach and rescue stranded people!
The Tech Challenge is open to all students grades 5-12 and is a project-based program and competition that will inspire the next generation of Silicon Valley Innovators.
- Open to Grades 5-12.
- Three categories: Grades 5-6, 7-8, 9-12.
- Meets California curriculum and STEAM standards (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math).
- Reinforces the skills students need in the 21st-century: creativity, problem solving, design, teamwork, leadership, presentation, risk-taking, perseverance, and learning from failure.
- Great for classrooms, home schools, after-school programs, extra credit projects, clubs, or friends!
- Teams of 2 to 6 people.
- Registration fees are only $40 for the entire team.
- Challenges are designed to have solutions that can be created with common, low cost materials.
- Title 1 schools/after school programs are fee-waived.
- There are no pre-qualifying conditions to enter. Special needs students are encouraged.
Read much more about it at this link.