If you are one of those people who waits until the last minute to make plans, today is one of those days where you win.
Just head up to Berkeley and find the campus of Cal and you will have yourself a day long of free entertainment.
The musical party starts at 10 and goes until 6 p.m. In all there are 14 different offerings that range from opera to African dance.
Follow the music to Zellerbach, Hertz and Wheeler Halls, as well as a tent set up on Sproul Plaza. If you don't like what you hear, worry not. Each performance lasts less than an hour.
- 10:30am: Cal Band fanfare opens Fall Free for All
- 11am: Kronos Quartet; guitarist Mark Teicholz
- Noon: Melanie DeMore Community Sing; Teslim
- 1pm: Diamano Coura West African Dance; SF Opera Adler Fellows
- 2pm: UC Jazz Ensemble, Word for Word Theater
- 3pm: Dance with Mark Morris Dance Group; Pacific Mozart Ensemble
- 4pm: John Santos Sextet; Melody of China
- 5pm: Linda Tillery & the Cultural Heritage Choir; Philharmonia Baroque Chamber Players