Suede Officially Gets Iced

Tuesday, Sep 28, 2010  |  Updated 3:30 PM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Suede Officially Gets Iced

Ashleigh Nushawg

A nightclub in the wharf will remain closed.

A San Francisco Superior Court judge Tuesday granted a preliminary  injunction that temporarily closes a Fisherman's Wharf-area club where a  fatal shooting occurred earlier this year.

City Attorney Dennis Herrera filed suit in April against the  owners of Club Suede, located at 383 Bay St., seeking to shutter it  permanently.

errera cited not only a Feb. 7 shooting outside the club that  left a 19-year-old Richmond man, Lawon Hall, dead and three others injured,  but also prior acts of violence, vandalism, noise and security problems in  recent years.

The club agreed to close voluntarily after the February killing,  but Judge Peter Busch granted Herrera's motion ordering the club not to  reopen until the lawsuit is resolved.
     
"San Francisco treasures its vibrant nightlife and the vast  majority of entertainment venues that operate responsibly," Herrera said in a  statement today.

"Unfortunately, Club Suede's refusal to abide by the law has  created a dangerous environment for club-goers and neighbors alike," he said.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Bay Area Proud
Bay Area Proud is NBC Bay... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out