AAA is one of the best resources for drivers around and they have just added a new resource to their arsenal that comes in the form of a free mobile app that is supposed to be used in the minutes after a driver is involved in a crash.
The "AAA Insurance" app is for the iPhone and iPad and it walks drivers through the post-traffic crash process telling them step by step what to do and who to call.
You don't need to be a customer to download it.
"There are a lot of things to do and information to collect following a collision that can seem overwhelming when combined with the stress of a car crash," said AAA Northern California spokesperson Matt Skryja. "The AAA Insurance app provides step-by-step instructions on what information you should gather, including photos. It also helps you request a tow truck."
Here's the list in case you aren't an app kind of person:
- Take photos of the crash scene and damage to the vehicles and property
- Document vehicle models and people involved in the crash
- Document the location of the crash
- Identify damage to vehicles by making a few taps on your phone
- Document witnesses and police report details
The AAA Insurance app is available for free from the iTunes App Store on an iPhone or at www.itunes.com/appstore/. Please visit www.aaa.com/mobile for further details.