The 50th Commemoration of the Life and Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Stanford University Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Research and Education Institute | April 2, 3 and 7, 2018

The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Institute from Stanford University presents the 50th commemoration, music festival and three-day celebration of the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. The events will take place during the first week of April in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of Dr. King’s assassination, April 4, 1968.

The unique line up kicks off on Monday, April 2nd with a fireside chat by Clarence Jones, the co-author of the famous "I Have A Dream!" speech. On the following day, celebrate a live rendition of Dr. King’s last speech, “I’ve Been To The Mountain Top.” On Saturday, April 7, an outdoor festival to celebrate Dr. King’s life and legacy. The festival will consist of more than 50 ethnic and cultural arts, crafts and food vendors, a children’s pavilion, a health and wellness pavilion, a technology pavilion, meet and greet pavilion and multi-cultural/multi-ethnic entertainment.
All events are FREE, family- friendly and open to the public!

For more information, please click here.

Event Details
Fireside Chat with Clarence Jones
When: Mon. April 2, 2018
Where: University Circle - 1900 University Avenue, East Palo Alto, CA

Live Rendition of “I’ve Been To The Mountain Top”
When: Tue. April 3, 2018 at 7 PM
Where: University Circle - 1900 University Avenue, East Palo Alto, CA

Outdoor Music Festival
When: Sat. April 7, 2018 at 10 AM - 8 PM
Where:
University Circle - 1900 University Avenue, East Palo Alto, CA

Contact Us