Here's a career option for people who are a bit sad about the job hunt: How about a career in clowning around?
Ringling Bros and Barnum and Bailey is holding a job fair of sorts Tuesday in San Francisco.
Instead of a typical interview, they will be holding auditions at the Marines Memorial Theater from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Organizers say they welcome people with circus experience, but are very open to newcomers.
The job comes with travel, of course, as the troupe of circus performers prepare for a 80-city two-year tour.
Here are the requirements for autitionees:
- Perform a three-minute routine
- Display the ability to show exaggerated facial expressions
- Show 'em if you got 'em: athleticism, any unique skills or physical comedy routines
- Be ready to explain why they want to be part of "The Greatest Show on Earth"
- Must be at least 18 years old
Whoever gets the gig should be prepared to spend a lot of time with animals, daredevils a bunch of other clowns.