What makes Silicon Valley the innovation capital of the world? It all starts on Sand Hill Road, considered the mecca of venture capital.
Sand Hill Road is a new weekly podcast featuring interviews from the heart of Silicon Valley with the venture capitalists, start-ups, and innovators behind the trending technologies of tomorrow.
The podcast takes its name from the street in Menlo Park known as the “Main Street” of the venture capital industry, and home to some of Silicon Valley's most prestigious venture capital firms that have invested into the likes of Facebook/Instagram, Alphabet, Inc., and Twitter.
Join us for insightful interviews from the heart of Silicon Valley with VCs, start-ups and innovators. Hosted by NBC Bay Area business and technology reporter and host of Press:Here, Scott McGrew.
NBC Bay Area anchor and reporter Scott McGrew thrives at the intersection of entrepreneurship and venture capital. He is host of Press:Here, a weekly roundtable featuring world class technology reporters in conversation with Silicon Valley CEOs. Scott is an active speaker on technology and television at Stanford, Brigham Young and other universities as well as numerous conferences. He is also a regular emcee and host for the Ernst and Young’s Northern California Entrepreneur of the Year, the Global CleanTech Forum, United Way and the Boy Scouts. He also helps foster excellent business journalism as a judge the UCLA’s Gerald Loeb awards.
- Episode 10: The “most powerful woman in startups” - Floodgate’s Ann Miura-Ko
- Episode 9: “The Godfather of Silicon Valley” - Alphabet Chairman, John Hennessy
- Episode 8: The World According to Tim Draper – Outspoken V.C. Tim Draper
- Episode 7: Do Bold Things – Maynard Webb
- Episode 6: The Most Sought-After Angel Investor in the Valley – Elad Gil
- Episode 5: Leadership, Valuation and Healthy Self-Deprecation – Keith Krach
- Episode 4: General Catalyst on Venture Capital 101 - Hemant Taneja
- Episode 3: What the Duck? - Ken Kocienda, creator of iPhone autocorrect
- Episode 2: Directions to Sand Hill Road – Randy Komisar
- Episode 1: Interviews from the heart of Silicon Valley - Introduction