The city of Benicia early Wednesday morning declared a local state of emergency because of the storm battering the waterside city of Solano County in located along the north bank of the Carquinez Strait.
The city sent out the notice at 1:20 a.m., noting the high tides. City officials closed 11 roads because of the flooded streets, which seeped into homes and buildings, toppled trees and overwhelmed storm drain systems.
Here are the list of closed roads.
1. Lake Herman Road
2. Reservoir Road
3. East 2nd at Reservoir Road
4. Channel Road
5. Park Road (Bayshore to Industrial)
6. Oregon at Industrial
7. East 2nd & Industrial to Park & Industrial
8. Bayshore betwen Oak & Northbound I-680 offramp
9. Industrial east of Channel Road
10. East B Street
11. 500 block East G & H Street