Concord Burglar Receives Third Strike Conviction - NBC Bay Area
East Bay

East Bay

The latest news from around the East Bay

Concord Burglar Receives Third Strike Conviction

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Concord Burglar Receives Third Strike Conviction
    File image.

    A 59-year-old man with prior strike convictions was found guilty of residential burglary last week at the end of a 14-day jury trial in a Martinez Courtroom, Contra Costa County prosecutors said Wednesday.

    This is Curtis Hill's third strike, and one of his prior convictions involved great bodily injury on a person over the age of 60.

    On two separate occasions in July 2018 and August 2018, Hill entered a Concord home Aug. 3, 2018, and stole jewelry from a bedroom before fleeing the scene and getting arrested later that day. That's what landed him in custody this time around, but prosecutors have called him a long-standing nuisance to the Concord community.

    This is Hill's third strike, prosecutors said. His lengthy criminal history consists mostly of theft and drug charges, however.

    Hill returns to the courtroom of Judge Christopher Bowen for sentencing Sept. 27.

    Get the latest from NBC Bay Area anywhere, anytime
    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android