An elderly woman safely escaped a house fire in Santa Rosa that caused $100,000 in damage Saturday morning.
Firefighters responded to 7426 Oak Leaf Drive at 10:48 a.m. and found a one-story house with pressurized smoke coming out of the attic vents and front door, fire officials said.
Firefighters deployed hose lines to extinguish the fire and began to search for occupants. They contained the fire to the kitchen area and attic of the home.
The only resident of the home, an elderly woman, was found to be safely outside the house with her neighbor.
Fire officials said the fire was under control in approximately 10 minutes.
The cause of the fire was unattended cooking material on the stove, according to fire officials. Smoke and fire damage to the home is estimated to cost $100,000.