No one was injured at the scene of a gas leak and possible explosion in San Jose Sunday afternoon, according to the city's fire department.
The incident occurred in the area of Townsend Park Circle and Araujo Street in North San Jose, fire officials said.
The fire department reported that there was some damage to a water heater. Electricity and gas service were shut off.
Some people were evacuated from their homes, but they were later allowed to return.
Further information was not immediately available.