Man Injured, Two Pets Saved in San Jose House Fire - NBC Bay Area
South Bay

South Bay

The latest news from around the South Bay

Man Injured, Two Pets Saved in San Jose House Fire

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Man Injured, Two Pets Saved in San Jose House Fire
    San Jose FD
    Firefighters on Monday knocked down a house fire in San Jose, saving a pet dog and cat in the process. (Feb. 12, 2018)

    San Jose firefighters quickly knocked down a two-alarm house fire Monday afternoon near the city's downtown area, rescuing a pet dog and cat in the process, according to a fire spokesman.

    Firefighters responded around 3:20 p.m. to the 100 block of Duane Street, where they found heavy smoke and fire at a residence, fire Capt. Daniel Vega said. Because of the intensity, it was declared a two-alarm fire, meaning that about 50 firefighters responded to the scene to control it, he said.

    One man who was inside the home managed to escape and was taken to a hospital to be treated for a burn injury, fire officials said. Firefighters pulled a dog and cat to safety.

    No other injuries were reported.

    Get the latest from NBC Bay Area anywhere, anytime
    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android