Heavy rain and gusty winds from the Bay Area's strongest storm of the season took their toll on air traffic Wednesday at the region's three major airports.
San Francisco International Airport had a traffic management program in effect for arrivals, causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 6 hours and 26 minutes, an airport official said.
Here's how flights have been affected at the three airports (as of Wednesday evening):
San Francisco International
- Arrivals: 71 canceled, 251 delayed
- Departures: 74 canceled, 184 delayed
- Arrivals: 3 canceled, 26 delayed
- Departures: No info
Mineta San Jose International
- Arrivals: 7 canceled, 15 delayed
- Departures: 8 canceled, 23 delayed
Airport officials are advising travelers to check the status of their flight through their airlines.