Students Hospitalized After Eating Pot Brownies - NBC Bay Area

Students Hospitalized After Eating Pot Brownies



    Students Hospitalized After Eating Pot Brownies
    A special ingredient in brownies is blamed for making students sick at Tennyson High School this week.

    A 17-year-old high school student is facing charges and three other students have some explaining to do after Hayward police say the four were hospitalized after eating brownies laced with marijuana.

    An ambulance took three of the students at Hayward's Tennyson High School to a hospital, while a fourth student was taken to a hospital by a parent after they became sick from eating the brownies Wednesday morning, police said.

    Two of the students said it was the first time they had ever used marijuana, police Lt. Chris Orrey said.

    At the time of the incident, police say the school's campus police officer was investigating a report that a student was selling drugged brownies when the suspected seller and three students who had consumed the brownies became sick.

    Hayward police Lt. Chris Orrey says the brownies were being tested, although police did not believe they contained additional additives.