Bay Area fans waiting for the middle of the night to see their favorite Rocket Man will have to wait a little bit longer.
The Elton John and Billy Joel "Face 2 Face" tour date originally scheduled for this Saturday in Oakland has been postponed.
Don't worry South Bay fans. Elton and Bill still no their way to San Jose and say next Tuesday's show will go on.
Why kill the Oakland gig? It seems the road isn't as friendly to the two rockers as it once was.
The aging stars have been struck but different sicknesses that has forced them to cancel tour dates. Most recently John was hospitalized in London with an e-coli bacterial infection and influenza. His doctor told him to postpone his upcoming performances. But age has not been the only thing that has caught up with the singers over the years. Growing egos seem to have affected their performances as well.
Illness has forced the 62-year-old musician to cancel several gigs in Britain, Ireland and the U.S. over the last few weeks.
Joel is no spring chicken himself. The 60-year-old entertainer had to cancel stops in Buffalo, N.Y. earlier this year because he wasn't feeling well. Organizers advised him against the performance.
Saturday was suppose to be the come back party for the under the weather singers. But John's doctor told him to stay in bed a little longer.
LiveNation says fans should hold on to their tickets because a new show will be announced soon.