United States

Concord Fire Extensively Damages Home, Displacing One

fire truck generic
NBC Bay Area

A house in central Concord suffered significant damage Saturday afternoon in a fire believed to have been started by a propane tank fueling an outdoor grill, a Contra Costa County Fire Protection District spokesman said.

The fire, at a house at the corner of Charlotte Avenue and Eugene Court, was first reported at 4:15 p.m. Saturday as a barbecue grill fire, said fire district spokesman Steve Hill. The back of the house caught on fire, Hill said, and flames then spread into the attic.

Firefighters feared that winds would push the flames to two other houses, Hill said, but the flames didn't spread.

No one was injured, but one person was displaced by the fire, and the American Red Cross was called to help find shelter. More than 30 firefighters and other emergency responders helped fight the fire, Hill said.

No monetary damage estimate was available Saturday night, but Hill said the house sustained "pretty significant damage."

Copyright BAYCN - Bay City News
Contact Us