Two Women in Hospital After Cooking Spray Can Explodes at Barbecue in Alameda

Ambulance_generic
Getty Images

Two women were rushed to Santa Clara Valley Medical Center after an afternoon barbecue went horribly wrong.

Investigators said a can of cooking spray placed near a hot barbecue exploded around 1:40 p.m.

The women were at the Robert Crown Memorial State Beach in Alameda when it happened. Paramedics rushed them to the hospital by helicopter.

Hospital officials said one of the women has been released. The other woman is reportedly in stable condition.

Contact Us